Increasing your conversions on Google AdWords and Facebook Ads by using Artificial Intelligence is now a reality thanks to Adext’s AMaaS (Audience Management as a Service).
Instead of testing out audiences on each ad yourself, Adext’s AMaaS will be in charge of finding the best audience for any ad, intelligently managing and optimizing your budget on different platforms. This way, you’ll have more time to dedicate to the creative and strategic aspects or your campaign.
In this article, we’ll go into detail about how AMaaS will help you get the best creative advantage for your campaigns to better connect with your target audience and with potential audiences that you may not have considered before, and which could represent substantial income for your company.
Connecting AMaaS’ Advanced Artificial Intelligence To Your Accounts Is So Much Easier Than You Thought…
We know, all this talk about Artificial Intelligence (AI), on top of it being “in” right now, usually seems like a complicated topic. But just let us deal with the hard part.
We want AdTech AI to be simple, transparent and risk-free for you.
Simple because the process to connect and deploy Adext’s AI takes less than 10 minutes. The platform itself will guide you through it and indicate what you need to do, as we’ll see below.
As you may know by now, AMaaS automatically manages ad budgets across 20 demographics per ad at a cross-channel level (Facebook Ads+AdWords), automatically updating the budget for each of these 20 demographic segments, every single hour in every single ad that is being managed by Adext.
Yes. That’s about 480 intelligent adjustments for every ad, every day (an ad optimization scale that are not possible for humans alone).
Additionally, it’s transparent because, unlike the platforms that claim to use Artificial Intelligence (AI), but never show you how it’s working or how it’s being implemented, with Adext you’ll be able to see directly from your AdWords and/or Facebook accounts all the activity and hourly adjustments made to the budgets of each demographic segment that Adext sets up for each ad. The results that you’ll see can’t be made-up or disguised because you’ll be seeing them directly on your AdWords and Facebook ad managers.
But you’ll also will be able to see the main performance indicators of your campaign on the platform’s dashboard.
And having read the above, we’re pretty sure you’ll be interested in this other article that goes over how to differentiate between real or fake AI, or better put, scammers.
Secure for two main reasons:
Adext’s AMaaS doesn’t use Personal Identifiable Information (PII) to target audiences as explained here, so you won’t have to be concerned about relying on user’s profiles that will unavoidably degrade over time, or about having to delete older profiles as the GDPR requires.
AMaaS offers you the ability to dynamically explore and exploit audiences toward the Highest Sustained Conversion Rate (HSCR) using no PII, so successfully targeting customers at scale won’t be a problem anymore.
For more information, you can also read: How AMaaS Uses Your Advertising Data
2. Because Adext offers you a unique guarantee
It will only charge you a service use fee once Adext’s AMaaS has improved the conversion performance or efficiency of your Facebook Ads and/or Google AdWords campaigns. Otherwise, you won’t have to pay a dime.
Oh! And by the way, if all of these wasn’t enough, Adext is offering (for only this month) a free trial which you can claim by signing up here.
And don’t get us wrong, we completely understand that, before connecting all the campaigns or ad groups of your Google AdWords or Facebook Ads accounts to Adext, you’d want to try out the tool first. In fact, that’s why right now we have a FREE TRIAL that will be available for a limited time.
So, if you want to get your hands on it as soon as possible, we recommend first thinking about or identifying a current campaign or ad group from your Facebook Ads and/or Google AdWords that…
- Is configured with a campaign conversion goal, like these ones.
- Is correctly measuring the amount of conversions that are being generated by it. In other words, that your campaign or ad group have historical or previous conversion data registered directly in AdWords or Facebook.
- Is specific. This means that the ad group is for a specific product or service and doesn’t have ads for completely unrelated topics or categories on it.
Basically, what Adext will do is clone or copy the ad group that you’ve chosen and will manage it separately. We recommend that you allocate at least $500 USD to invest in Google and/or Facebook for this trial and that you let it run for at least 15 days to truly recognize what the fuss is all about…
So, Here’s The Step By Step To Get Started With AMaaS
1. Visit our website by clicking here
2. Click on the “SIGN UP” button on the upper right corner:
4. To be able to continue, you’ll need to verify the email account you’ve just entered.
5. Go to your email’s inbox and open the email called “validate your account” that you must have recently received from the sender “Adext”. If you don’t see this email in your main inbox, check your “junk,” “spam” and “other” folders, and be sure to click the “safe”, “This message is not spam”, “Send to main inbox” or any other related option once you’ve found it, so you’ll receive further emails correctly. Then, click on the button that says, “Confirm your email address here!”
6. By clicking on this button, you’ll be redirected to a screen where you’ll be able to connect your Facebook Ads and/or Google AdWords accounts.
If you publish ads on both Facebook Ads and AdWords platforms, you can start by first connecting Facebook Ads, after this, you’ll be redirected to this same screen so that you can finish connecting your Google AdWords account.
This is what you’ll see if you only connect to Facebook Ads:
And this is what you’ll see if you only connect Google AdWords:
If you chose the cross-platform option and want Adext to manage campaigns on both platforms, though, this is what you’ll see once you’ve connected both:
7. In order for the Adext’s AMaaS App to connect to your Facebook Ads and/or AdWords accounts, you’ll need to give the corresponding permissions on both platforms, or on the one you’ve chosen, depending on the case.
8. Now it’s time to confirm the mode you’ve selected:
a) If you only chose one platform, either Google or Facebook, then you’ll see that platform selected and the other one in idle mode.
b) If you chose the cross-platform mode, you’ll need to choose any of the following 3 options:
How to know which option to choose?
That’s actually quite easy! Let’s see how to do it with an example:
Imagine that you have an e-commerce that sells clothing related articles and on your Facebook Ads campaigns you want to promote an ad group for men’s shoes, but on your Google AdWords campaigns you want to promote an ad group for women’s bags. In this case, you’ll need to select the first and second option (which means a separate experiment will be created for both, your Facebook Ads campaign and your Google AdWords campaign).
Why? Because they are completely different products, so it makes no sense for Adext to group them under the same model or strategy. Also, the insights it obtains on an ad group for men’s shoes won’t be equally related or valid for the women’s bags ad group.
But, if you had an ad group for the same specific product or service –in this case, men’s shoes– on both Google AdWords and Facebook Ads, and you’re using the same creatives or images for both of them, then the third option is definitely the one for you:
Why? Because this way, Adext will be able to draw valid conclusions, predictions, and insights on this specific product, since the creative elements of the ad and the potential audiences are the same.
The Best Option
This third option is definitely the one where you’ll get the most out of your buck, as with it you can guarantee that your budget is intelligently and strategically managed and optimized between both platforms. For example, if Adext’s Machine Learning models detect that Facebook Ads are giving you the Highest Sustained Conversion Rate, then it will channel the AdWords budget to Facebook Ads to yield a better profit on your media investment and provide you with the best ad conversion performance results.
Whatever option you chose (separate or cross-platform), the more specific the ad group is, the better. Try to make your ad groups separate, each one with very specific products and services that are similar to each other. And try not to mix different product or service categories together in the same ad group.
9. Name your experiment.
But wait! What is an “experiment”?
We use the word experiment to describe each of your ad groups that AMaaS manages. The reason is that every time you select an ad group, you're also setting options such as; duration, budget, demographics and collectively that information is used to manage your ad group.
There are two purposes for each AMaaS experiment: a) to increase the conversion rate of your ads and b) to find the best audience. Above all, you must approach AMaaS with an experimental mindset, specifically when you create an ad, since you're hypothesizing two main things; your target audience and that your ad will resonate with that audience. While each experiment is running, you'll see exactly how much AMaaS is dedicating to each demographic which will help you refine those assumptions while searching for the highest converting audience.
With an experimental mindset, you'll be able to rapidly test your creative hypothesis in a way that will ensure you always get the Highest Sustained Conversion Rate (HSCR) for each of your ads better than traditional A/B testing.
Tips On Naming Your Experiment!
We recommend naming your experiment with a name that you can quickly identify later on the platform. You can use the same name of the campaign or ad group that you already have on your platforms and that you want Adext’s AI to improve. Or even name it as the platform in question (either Google or Facebook) + the name of the specific promoted product, service or category + its campaign goal or conversion type. For example, “Facebook – Men’s Shoes – Sales conversions.”
10. In the next step, select the account, campaign and ad group you want Adext to manage and optimize. If the ad group you choose contains formats that aren’t supported by AMaaS, you’ll see an error message.
AMaaS only supports campaign formats that have a target of a specific conversion type, those that are truly important to your business and those that are, of course, the most difficult to achieve. For more details about what type of conversion Adext’s AMaaS supports please read: What does AMaaS consider as conversions?
It also requires the ad group campaign to have at least a few conversions correctly measured and registered by the platform (Google or Facebook) for at least 5 days previous to the connection to AMaaS, since it needs to establish a baseline for improvement.
For the time being, you can only choose one campaign or ad group per contract. If you want to select more campaigns or ad groups for Adext to manage (which would be really cool!), you’ll have to create a new contract and go through the same process for each new campaign or ad group you’d like to add.
11. Include, exclude and explore the demographics for your ad group. In this step, you’ll be asked to determine the type of action you want Adext to perform regarding several demographic segments: age, gender, and mobile device.
There are 3 types of actions:
Select this option considering the criteria of the users who you believe are most likely to purchase the product or service you’re promoting, based on your experience and what you’ve learned over time. Which is your main target market?
Select this option only when you’re 100% sure that what you’re offering will never be purchased or contracted by a certain demographic group.
But in reality, barring certain exceptions, we don’t recommend excluding demographic groups since Adext might surprise you by finding potential audiences that you may have never even considered.
For example, you may have thought that a certain product was only meant for women, but you can soon realize that men are buying your product more than women to give it as a gift to their female partner.
This option tells Adext to allocate a certain percentage of the total budget to find new potential audiences that can give you the Highest Sustained Conversion Rate (HSCR). These are the criteria that you haven’t tried yet, but that you’d like to explore.
Just make sure your selection has:
- At least 1 device included
- At least 1 gender included
- At least 2 age groups included
- At least 1 age group explored
- At most 3 excluded groups from gender & age range groups
12. And, before moving on to the final confirmation step, it’s time to decide on the budget and running period you want to assign to the experiment.
6 Key Considerations That You Should Keep In Mind:
- The minimum period to run a campaign is 10 days, and the maximum is 30 days. If you want your experiment to run longer, you’ll have the option to extend the period later by choosing the corresponding option on the platform to renew the contract. Regardless, we recommend letting it run for 30 days so that Adext has more time to learn, detect, and implement what best works for your ads.
- By default, the platform sets the activation date of the experiment as the next day, but if you want it to start running the same day, just make sure to mark down that option on the calendar.
- In the third field where the budget is established, there is a text below it that will show you the minimum budget or ad spend you have to invest directly in Google or Facebook. This budget is not paid to Adext, nor is it for Adext. Adext will not use any of this budget for its fees. This is the ad spend you’re thinking of allocating to the Google and Facebook platforms (and which will be charged directly by them) for this specific experiment. This minimum recommended budget will vary according to the previous settings you determined for the inclusion, exclusion, and exploration of demographic groups (previous step) and will depend on the time period you want Adext to manage your campaigns. Obviously, if you’ve included more demographic segments, the minimum will be bigger as you’ll need a higher budget to actually have an impact in each one of them and explore which of these audiences will give you the highest sustained conversion rate. Likewise, the longer the period of time, the more budget will be necessary to have a minimum recommended investment for each day.
- We suggest checking the “Manage Budget over time” option since, this way, Adext’s intelligent algorithms will be able to determine the best times to display your ads. For example, if it detects that your campaigns generate more conversions on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 10 pm, Adext’s Machine Learning model will allocate a greater part of your budget to these days and times, as well as stop displaying your ads during the days and hours that don’t produce any conversion results. If you don’t select this option, then your budget will be distributed evenly throughout the period you set for Adext to manage your campaigns.
- And lastly, checking the “Pause the current Ad Group / Ad Set” option will mean that the original ad group you chose will be suspended, but the copy or clone that Adext made for this same ad group or campaign will continue running. We recommend pausing it so that they don’t end up “cannibalizing” each other in a competition. This way, the process of you obtaining better costs per conversion becomes more agile and effective. Also consider that, in addition to the budget that Adext allocates to this clone, if you decide to not pause the original ad group, you’ll have to continue covering the costs of it on the platform.
- And remember, if your Google and/or AdWords account is not configured to charge the ad spend or media investment in USD, you’ll receive a message that indicates this currency difference. But this really isn’t a problem since the corresponding conversion will be made at the current exchange rate.
13. Lastly, you’ll need to carefully check that the information on the final summary is correct and has all of your desired configurations. If there’s any change you’d like to make, click “Edit.” Then, after closely reviewing it and ensuring everything is correct, click on the green button that says, “Agree & Sign the Contract.” Under this summary you’ll see:
- How Adext’s fee is calculated based on the % conversion performance increase. Click here to visit the specific pricing/fee section.
- Adext's Platform preview of the conversion performance baseline graphic.
It is very important that you go over it carefully since, once the experiment is activated, making changes or edits directly to the cloned ad groups that will appear on your Google AdWords and/or Facebook Ads accounts may be counterproductive and harm Adext’s AMaaS performance.
The reason is because when AMaaS manages your experiment, it learns about the ads in your ad group; therefore, if you make edits to your ads or to your ad groups while AMaaS is running them, then (though it will eventually adjust because it’s always learning) you may cause it to perform badly before it learns about the changes you made. Furthermore, if you change the configuration of an ad group then it may no longer be compatible with AMaaS, and that experiment could break.
AMaaS constantly learns from your ads and makes decisions based on the insights it gets from your campaigns’ results, so if you make a change or alter one factor, then the learnings gained through the previous elements might not be valid for the new ones. As with any scientific experiment, if you alter one of the variables, the results will not be the same.
If you need to edit an ad group or any of its ads that AMaaS is actively managing, please read carefully this article that contains what you should take into account and the steps you must follow.
14. Once you’ve accepted your contract, the experiment will be activated within the next few minutes.
If, for any reason, it cannot be activated, you’ll receive an email notifying you of the corresponding error.
You’ll be able to see the main KPIs of your experiment by directly starting the session on the platform. Just go to the “My experiments” section and click on the corresponding experiment card.
But it doesn’t end there…
When you see your experiment's indicators on the platform, Adext will provide you valuable data that you'll be able to analyze, interpret and turn it into useful insights to improve the creative elements of your campaign (such as copy, slogans, images, etc.).
In this article, we explain with detail how you can benefit from the AI-Powered findings that Adext will give you, to create more and improved customized ad creative content that will resonate better with your target audience and new potential audiences.
And yes, personalization does translate into higher conversion rates.
Here are a couple of related articles you may like to read:
- Fake Artificial Intelligence (AI) Vs Real AI: How To Tell The Difference Between The Scammers & The Real Deal
- AMaaS: Creating A World Where You Reach Your Full Creative Potential AND Effortlessly Win At Digital Advertising
- This is how Adext, the first and only Audience Management as a Service (AMaaS) in the world, can get you superior digital advertising results