It’s a fact: Black Friday is just around the corner (November 24!).
Have you ever wondered what benefits Black Friday brings, aside from the deals?
Well, it actually strengthens the domestic economic market because it’s a great opportunity to encourage consumption and sales in your country.
On Black Friday, thousands of companies from different industries join the party and offer large discounts on their goods and services. However, competition is rife. An offer can lose its meaning when another company offers a better one. And what’s more, companies must not only participate in Black Friday, but really know how to stand out and attract consumers.
That’s why we’d like to share the best advertising and digital marketing tips with you: so you can sell more and take the lead this Black Friday.
1. Plan a strategy
It’s not enough to offer irresistible discounts on Black Friday...
You need a promotion strategy. With a clear action plan and execution dates.
You must be clear on what discounts and incentives you’ll promote, how you’re going to put them across, the digital platforms you’ll use, who you’ll target, when and why.
The what, how, where, when and why questions are key to developing any action plan. Come up with answers to them while always keeping the goal you want to achieve in mind. In this case, it’s sales.
Don’t worry, we’re going to give you some great ideas of how to make your brand shine on Black Friday in this article.
2. Research your competition and make sure to offer something REALLY attractive
You could offer a 10% discount, but if your main competitor offers 25%... You can imagine the outcome.
If you want to take the lead, look at what they’re doing and ask yourself how you can beat their discount and/or add more value (without affecting your profit margins, of course).
You could give your prospects something of value like a gift for their loyalty, or an extra incentive for them to buy more.
Also, don’t forget to let your imagination go wild and build your offer or promotion around a creative concept.
Like the one below. Notice how they’ve created a concept that revolves around the number 10. They have 10 star products for only $10 USD each, and they’ve added a close-up of each one to the design:
3. Build anticipation
Teaser campaigns are wonderful for building your target audience’s curiosity.
Don’t reveal your discounts, offers or incentives too soon...
Let your prospects discover what they are as anticipation builds. They should be interested and intrigued to find out what you’ll offer them on Black Friday.
Look how they created the teaser campaign below. They invite their prospects to go to Snapchat to discover what the 10 star products reduced to $10 USD are.
Here’s another one. Like the last one, they've developed a concept that revolves around a number. But in this case, they offer 12 products...12 products with discounts for a limited time of 12 hours. This one gives us an idea of what the products are, but we can’t really see them well yet.
4. Send your prospects emails
It's time to take advantage of your database of prospects!
You can send a few emails before Black Friday (to build anticipation), and other reminders before the day arrives.
Here are three tips to make your email marketing campaign a success:
- Make sure to add an attention-grabbing title or subject line to your email. An email subject line you see all the time, like "Check out our discounts!" will go unnoticed. But if you can entice the reader with something like "I don’t want to freak you out, but you’ll regret it if you don’t take advantage of this" will definitely pique their curiosity and make your open rates go up.
- Once they open your email, there must be something interest for them to look at and read... The body of the email must be pleasant to look at, and easy to read and scan. Use short paragraphs, bold letters, headlines, subtitles, vignettes, images, and of course: good copywriting.
- Add a CTA (Call-To-Action), where you specify what you want the reader to do once they’ve read your email. For example, you might write: "Our discounted products will be available in store until we’re out of stock. We’ll be ready to serve you when you arrive" or "Buy your Christmas gifts NOW and make sure you don’t get burned in January". This action-oriented copy should stand out on the page. And if you have an online store, add a link to it.
Also, make sure you clearly communicate your offers and stimulate a sense of urgency.
5. Take advantage of the power of social networks
There is no doubt that you need to be where consumers spend most of their time. Where’s that? In this digital world, it’s on social media.
So join the conversation and interact with your audience!
Include the most relevant hashtags (e.g. #Black Friday and #BlackFriday2017) on your posts, so that prospects looking for discounts and deals on Black Friday can easily find you.
6. Let digital advertising bring you the clients you need
Does it sound too good to be true?
I have to admit it, a couple of years ago it would have been. But today, thank goodness, the situation has changed.
Digital advertising no longer has to be complicated. And it can give you the results you’re hoping for.
Now there is Adext AI, the first and only audience Management as a Service) that applies Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to digital advertising to find the best audience or demographic group for any ad. It automatically manages budgets across different audiences, on various platforms (like Google AdWords and Facebook Ads), and individually optimizes every ad 480 times daily.
It guarantees its partner agencies to get them a better cost per conversion (lower cost per sale or cost per lead) for all their accounts and campaigns, or the service will be FREE, and no management or optimization fees will be charged.
Additionally, its current average improvement amounts up to +83% more conversions in your campaigns in just 10 days. Which means, the only opportunity cost would come from not trying it.
If you want to learn more about how Adext uses Machine Learning to find the best audience for your ad campaigns, this guide that explains exactly how Adext AI works will be perfect for you.
Ready to implement these digital marketing tips before Black Friday?
Following these tips will help you not only capture the attention of your target market, but create a strategy that guarantees sales and helps you soar over your competition.
But now we’d love to hear from you: what other tip do you have regarding how to sell more on Black Friday?
Share it in the comments section below!